Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 21

The decision is made
The last day of fooling around

So my subscription ends in 31 days. If I rly wan't to pay for a PLEX then I need to stop changing planets, destroying stuff, rebuilding it. For the next 30 days I should stick to a Plan.

The best thing to do would be to go back on producing P1. I'll chose some nice planets and try to avoid extracting the chip stuff. Maybe I'll do a mix and have 2 planets producing P4. At this point I rly don't want to rebuild all the planets. I'll destroy the planets that make the least profit and replace them one by one. The whole experimenting thing hit hard on my wallet. I could say it was not worth it, but without that I could not know today what is best for PI in HighSec.

So this is what I'm aiming for:

I think I'll train both Command Center Upgrades and Interplanetary Consolidation to lvl 4 to get more profit from planets. I will also set the extraction programs to 2 days. This will give me a bit less resources, but with 20 min of work for every 2 days, what's there to complain about :P. The two P4 planets will require a bit more attention, but can run up to 3 days without me being online. All planets are either 7 or 9 jumps from Jita which is not far, except for both P4 planets that are right at my dor, one jump from Jita ^_^.

Conclusion

Plan A - Extracting and producing P1. This is what you can do everywhere. It has low initial cost and will always make profit. Is perfect to start with if you are new to PI. Depending on security status and quality of a planet you decide what to extract and produce to P1. In Null/WH you extract what is most profitable on the Market at the moment, while in HighSec you need to compromise with an items value and its availability on a planet. The big downside is that the generated items will quickly pile up and take much cargo space to be brought back to a market hub. While in HighSec you only need to haul to the nearest station and then use a Freighter or a Currier Contract to get them to market, but in Null/WH the sheer volume of items represents a logistical nightmare and can quickly make you to give up.

Plan B - Extracting and producing all the way up to P4. While this plan is similar to Plan A with the exception that you extract the exact resources that are needed to produce the desired P4. This was for me one of the worst ways of making money in HighSec. The benefits in Null/WH are that you shrink the volume to a point where it's easy to haul to HighSec. The other benefit is that if you own a POCO and have 0% Tax, then every processing stage gives additional profit. Where all Tax converts into profit ^_^.

Plan C - Buying Materials and processing them into higher tiers. This is the best way of making money with PI in EVE online. The profits can go from some billion to more ten billion if done on a massive scale. You could say that 1/3 of profits comes from buying cheap and selling high, 1/3 comes from the processing itself and 1/3 of profit comes from paying no Tax (0%). The biggest downside of this plan is that it requires a big capital investment. Not every one has the ISK to do this. Doing this in HighSec will reduce your profits because you need to pay Tax. It will still pay more than Plan A and B. Doing it in Null/WH will give you massive profits. It is not limited by the amount of Accounts you are willing to have, but by the amount of hauling you are willing to do. Going Extreme here can mean that you need more than one Freighter of materials per day to let your processors run 24/7. It's not a problem in HighSec where you are one jump away from Jita, but in Null/WH this will break you :D.


With my Command Center Upgrades at lvl 4 I now have the following planet setups:

Plasmoids P1

It has 4x Basic processors, 2x Launchpads and 2x Extraction Control Units(6 heads each). It can be split in 2 parts and positioned on different locations.


Wetware Mainframe P4 (or any other P4)

1 comment:

  1. Would just like to chime in with, "Your spreadsheet is amazing."

    ReplyDelete